|Introduction to Python||3 days|
This three day course emphasizes becoming productive quickly in the Python programming language. This course starts by covering the basic Python language syntax including data types, variables, operators, conditionals and flow control. From there, students will learn how to create more modular applications using features such as functions, modules, and classes. The class ends with coverage of regular expressions, file input/output, and exceptions.
Programmers and system administrators who are new to the Python language
Previous experience programming in at least one other programming language is beneficial.
- Create and invoke Python programs.
- Select the most appropriate data types and data structures for Python variables.
- Improve program design and modularity with functions and modules.
- Implement object-oriented techniques with Python classes and objects.
- Use regular expression pattern matching to search and manipulate complex data.
- Read and write data files using Python’s input and output operators.
- Write programs which both handle and raise exceptions.