ITIL v3 Service Manager Bridge Course
In this intensive 4 day, instructor led classroom course, participants will learn the principles and core content of the Service Lifecycle approach to IT Service Management according to ITIL v3, along with the changes from previous versions of ITIL. Through a combination of lecture and interactive exercises, candidates are prepared for taking and passing the ITIL v3 Manager Bridge exam. The exam is available as an option at the end of the course.
The ITIL Version 3 Service Manager Bridge Course offers candidates a fast track to update their ITIL Service Manager qualification, and gain recognition at the new ITIL Expert certification level. This qualification bridges the gap between the ITIL Manager’s Certificate in IT Service Management (versions 1 & 2) and the ITIL Expert certificate in IT Service Management (ITIL v3). This course is also available to holders of previous certifications at the Practitioner level, when the total number of recognized credits is 12 or higher.
The course is designed teach the new content of the ITIL v3 Service Lifecycle, and to bridge all the main differences from earlier ITIL versions. It introduces the Service Lifecycle approach and the five stages within this approach: Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation, and Continual Service Improvement.
The target audiences of the ITIL Service Manager bridge qualification are individuals who already hold the Manager’s Certificate in IT Service Management at an earlier ITIL version (1 or 2), who wish to obtain the v3 ITIL Expert certification. Individuals certified in previous versions of ITIL at the Practitioner level can also enter this course with a minimum of 12 credits.
Manager’s Certificate in IT Service Management (ITIL versions 1 or 2).
* Candidates must provide proof of attaining previous qualifications before registering for the course.
* Candidates are expected to be familiar with the content of the five ITIL Service Lifecycle Core publications.
* With a minimum of 12 credits from v1-v2 Practitioner (single or clustered) certifications, candidates are also eligible for the v3 Service Manager Bridge course and exam. In order for Practitioner certified individuals to achieve their v3 ITIL Expert certification, they must also complete the v3 Managing across the Lifecycle course and successfully pass the exam.
The main focus of the course is on the new content of ITIL v3 and those things that have changed from previous ITIL versions. The syllabus is presented in two parts:
* Part 1 covers those items that are new to ITIL v3 that will form the main focus for the qualification.
* Part 2 covers those items that were well known at ITIL v2, but with some significant differences. The training/qualification will focus on those elements that have changed.
Candidates will gain competencies in following areas:
* Understand the reasons for the ITIL v3 update
* Learn the concepts of Service Management as a Practice
* Understand the Service Lifecycle at the core of ITIL v3
* Be confident in the general concepts, definitions, key principles and models of ITIL v3
* Understand how the Service Management processes and functions contribute to the Service Lifecycle and be able to explain the objectives, scope, concepts, activities, key metrics (KPI’s), roles and challenges for all of the ITIL v3 processes
* Learn how technology enables the Service Lifecycle and how other complimentary guidance align with ITIL v3
* Understand implementation considerations
* Prepare for the ITIL v3 Manager Bridge examination.
Course Student Material
* Copy of visual aids used in the classroom
* Practice Exam, Case Study, Homework and Assignments
- Service Strategy
- Service Transition
- Continual Service Improvement
- Service Management as a practice
- Service Design
- Service Operation
- Technology & Architecture
- Complementary Industry Guidance
- Service Lifecycle
- Exam Preparation