10778 Implementing Data Models and Reports with Microsoft SQL Server 2012
Students will learn how to implement self-service analytics and reporting, to implement multidimensional analysis solutions, create PowerPivot and tabular data models, and deliver rich data visualizations with PowerView and SQL Server Reporting Services,
This course is intended for database professionals who need to fulfill a Business Intelligence Developer role to create analysis and reporting solutions. Primary responsibilities include: – Implementing reporting solutions by using SQL Server Reporting Services. – Implementing multidimensional databases by using SQL Server Analysis Services. – Creating tabular semantic data models for analysis by using SQL Server Analysis Services. – Create visualizations of data by using PowerView. – Create data mining solutions by using SQL Server Analysis Services.
10774 Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the components, architecture, and nature of a BI solution.
- Create reports with Reporting Services.
- Create reusable report items that simplify self-service reporting.
- Manage report execution and delivery.
- Create a multidimensional database with Analysis Services.
- Implement dimensions in a cube.
- Implement measures and measure groups in a cube.
- Use MDX Syntax.
- Customize a cube.
- Implement a Tabular Data Model in PowerPivot. -Use DAX to query a tabular model.
- Implement a Tabular Database.
- Use PowerView to create interactive data visualizations.
- Use Data Mining for Predictive Analysis.
1 – Introduction to Business Intelligence and Data Modelling
- Introduction to Business Intelligence
- The Microsoft Business Intelligence Platform
- Lab : Reporting and Analyzing Data
2 – Implementing Reports with SQL Server Reporting Services
- Introduction to Reporting Services
- Creating a Report with Report Designer
- Grouping and Aggregating Data in a Report
- Showing Data Graphically
- Filtering Reports by Using Parameters
- Publishing and Viewing a Report
- Lab : Creating a Report with Report Designer
- Lab : Enhancing and Publishing a Report
3 – Supporting Self Service Reporting
- Introduction to Self Service Reporting
- Shared Data Sources and Datasets
- Report Parts
- Lab : Implementing Self Service Reporting
4 – Managing Report Execution and Delivery
- Managing Report Security
- Managing Report Execution
- Subscriptions and Data Alert
- Troubleshooting Reporting Services
- Lab : Configuring Report Execution and Delivery
5 – Creating Multidimensional Databases
- Introduction to Multidimensional Analysis
- Creating Data Sources and Data Source Views
- Creating a Cube
- Overview of Cube Security
- Lab : Creating a Multidimensional Database
6 – Working with Dimensions
- Configuring Dimensions
- Defining Attribute Hierarchies
- Sorting and Grouping Attributes
- Lab : Defining Dimensions
7 – Working with Measures and Measure Groups
- Working with Measures
- Working with Measure Groups
- Lab : Configuring Measures and Measure Groups
8 – Introduction to MDX
- MDX Fundamentals
- Adding Calculations to a Cube
- Using MDX to Query a Cube
- Lab : Using MDX
9 – Customizing Cube Functionality
- Working with Key Performance Indicators
- Working with Actions
- Working with Perspectives
- Working with Translations
- Lab : Customizing a Cube
10 – Implementing a Tabular Data Model with Microsoft PowerPivot
- Introduction to Tabular Data Models and PowerPivot Technologies
- Creating a Tabular Data Model by Using PowerPivot for Excel
- Sharing a PowerPivot Workbook and Using PowerPivot Gallery
- Lab : Using PowerPivot for Excel
11 – Introduction to DAX
- DAX Fundamentals
- Using DAX to Create Calculated Column and Measures in a Tabular Data Model
- Lab : Creating Calculated Columns and Measures by Using DAX
12 – Implementing an Analysis Services Tabular Data Model
- Introduction to Analysis Services Tabular Data Model Projects
- Developing an Analysis Services Tabular Data Model in SQL Server Data Tools
- Lab : Working with an Analysis Services Tabular Data Model
13 – Creating Data Visualizations with Power View
- Introduction to Power View
- Visualizing Data with Power View
- Lab : Creating Data Visualizations with Power View
14 – Performing Predictive Analysis with Data Mining
- Overview of Data Mining
- Creating a Data Mining Solution
- Validating a Data Mining Solution
- Consuming a Data Mining Solution
- Lab : Using Data Mining to Support a Marketing Campaign